Start the video at 49:30
Choose a student or two in each class each day. When they walk in, act like they're your best friend you haven't see in a while. Ask them how their weekend was, how their day is going, basically talk about anything other than the math.
Why do we decorate all of our classroom walls? Take 10% of your walls for yourself and let the students decorate the other 90%. This way the walls of the classroom literally are "our" walls instead of "my" walls.
Pick a day of the week and choose some students to briefly share an interest, hobby, ambition, anything they would like you and their peers to know about them.
Let's come together and plan how to elicit students' stories while ensuring Equity of Voice.
Let's debrief! How did the plan go? What can we change about it?
Scale our Impact: Let's create something to share with the world.